Sunday, July 14, 2013

Turbans and Babushkas


     Yup. I'm actually doing this post. Today I decided it's high time I spammed the wall of one of my friends with pictures of me in headscarves. Why? Well, because, that's why. Being bored during the summer means a lot of weird things. I've done everything from color a dozen princess pictures and mail them to my friends (no, I'm not five, I promise) to learn how to wear a hijab. All out of boredom. Here are some of the results of my goofiness, captured in photographic form with help from my siblings. Happily for those of you-- like my friend-- turbans are all the rage on Pinterest, so if you have the nerve to wear one, you can. Now for the aforementioned pictorial representations:


Oppa Slavic Style! Or something.  Actually really like this look
(not the sweatshirt-dress skirt combo, the scarf). Thinking I'll do this
sometime this fall, using the "it's cold outside and I don't like cold ears" excuse.


This time it actually looks like a turban. Kind of don't remember
how I did it exactly, but I'll attach a link that will help.
 
 
And last but by no means least, Prince Ali. I thank my sister for the feather idea.
 As for the Swiss Guard sweatshirt, well, it totally makes the outfit.
Goes rather well with the turban, I should think.


     And there you have it. Really, head-wraps can be quite fun sometimes. Promised link:
http://www.scarves.net/how-to-tie-a-scarf/twisty-turban.htm  Scroll down a bit, and on the left there will be a few more tutorials for different head-wrap styles. Bad hair days, costuming, alternative to chapel veil, or just plain "because I can" -- enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment