Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Notes on the First of the Staples

Dear Readers,

     I have received feedback, and I thought I'd share some of it with you, as well as go more into depth about that which I have listed so far.

     Skirts. Each of the staple skirts should be of a medium weight and medium-long length (below the knee, but above the ankle). That way, they are wearable all year round.
     Jeans. Darker jeans-- but not black-- are usually the best, because they can be dressed up far more easily than can light jeans.
     Tops. Tank tops are vital. They can often be used to solve the aptly-named "too low" and "too transparent" problems that so many tops and dresses out there have. A white tank is best for most clothes, but some blouses may require a black tank.
     As to colors, one needs to be sure-- even with skirts, I hear-- that not to buy something that is the wrong color for her. A good friend of mine said, "not every girl can wear tan/khaki. For those with honey colored skin (like me) it completely washes you out unless it's exactly the right shade."
     And speaking of colors, brown, olive green, and navy blue are other classics that go with a wide variety of colors.
     One more comment I received was this: "The use of neutral colours allows your brighter articles to pop and stand out more."
     I was also asked to talk about different cuts, but fit and color of clothes is a topic for another post. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment