Monday, July 18, 2011

The Perfect Pear, Part the First

     So you've discovered that you are a pear, and you're wondering what to wear. (Rhyming unintentional.) Generally speaking, you look best in clothes that emphasize your bust, and not your hips. For instance, wide-legged, bootcut, and flare are the best pant cuts for you. This is because they take attention away from your hips. What you really do not want to wear are tapered pants and especially skinny jeans. (I honestly don't think skinny jeans are very flattering on anyone; can't say that I think they're terribly modest, either, as they are pretty much thick, footless tights. This is especially true for girls with larger hips.)

      Here are some examples of pants that would flatter a pear-shaped lady:


     As far as blouses go, look for ones that are colorful, or have lots of detail. Do NOT, I repeat, NOT wear anything baggy. If you wear a shirt or a dress that's too big or baggy up top, you will look shapeless. Because you are small, you can also wear shirts that have ruffles on the bodice. Puffed sleeves, and other full sleeve styles are also a good idea for you.


(No, I don't endorse every single of these necklines. Then again, that's what tank tops are for.)

     Anyway, I think I've talked enough for now. Don't want to leave you with a super-long post, so I'll finish up my discussion on pears next time. :-)
     Ultimately, the best way to determine whether or not you should wear a given item is to try it on. There are always exceptions to the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment